Carolina Creek is a great place where people experience and know the love of Jesus Christ. We are able to maximize our ministry-impact through our great team here at camp. We are looking for a person whose job is to make sure the team members at Carolina Creek have everything they need to be successful. If you love people and helping them reach their goals, we need you for this position!
The Human Resources & Recruiting Coordinator will work with with the Director of Operations to ensure that all federal and state laws relating to human resources and state licensure will be followed to the best of his/her knowledge and ability. He/she will also be responsible to lead and organize the annual seasonal recruiting efforts, as well as participating in year-round staff recruiting and retention efforts. He/she also ensures that employee files and personal information collected for employment purposes will be kept in an orderly, accurate, secure and confidential manner. He/she is responsible to model a genuine lifestyle of Christian discipleship, nurturing spiritual growth of employees through HR activities in a manner consistent with CCCC’s mission, vision, and values.
- Understand federal, state, and local human resources laws and be instrumental in checking the practices, policies, and procedures of CCCC to ensure full compliance.
- Head up the seasonal recruiting efforts each year, including the training of interviewees, planning of recruiting, and management of recruiting budget.
- Responsible to gather information and documentation from employees, and keep accurate employee records and information in well-organized files that are stored in a secure location.
- Ensure that proper onboarding procedures are followed and all necessary documentation has been collected from new employees.
- Perform time-of-hire and annual background checks for all employees, as well as reference checks for all new hires.
- Drive summer staff training supervising the planning of all training sessions including leadership, specialty, and all-staff training.
- Assist in creating job descriptions and relevant departmental SOPs.
- Manage resources entrusted to him/her according to budget. Work collaboratively to achieve corporate financial goals.
- Assist accounting by gathering relevant data, and tracking certain employee benefits.
- Assist with the quarterly and annual performance appraisal process.
- Attend all required staff meetings and events.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the broader camp programs of CCCC.
- Actively engage and help build the summer staff community through a godly attitude, words, and actions.
- Actively participate in corporate prayer, worship and Bible study.
- Able to answer questions about Christian doctrines and belief from their own personal experience.
- Possess the ability to lead prayers and devotions with staff and guests.
- Reports to Director of Operations
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Resources, Business or Organizational Management, or a related field preferred but not required.
- Previous 3-5 years of Christian camping or similar industry experience required.
- Previous 3-5 years of human resources experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to teach the Bible effectively, facilitate prayer with staff or guests, and provide reasonable counseling/coaching from a Biblical perspective.
- Must be confidential and discreet when dealing with sensitive information.
- Must be willing to further knowledge and training in HR.
- Must possess strong interpersonal relations skills.
- Must possess emotional and spiritual maturity.
- Must possess a developed sense of empathy.
- Must be flexible with an ability to adjust and problem solve in challenging situations.
- Must be able to engage in active listening.
- Must have a heart to serve wherever and whenever needed.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in hot and humid conditions. Requires sitting, standing, squatting, stooping, twisting, and ability to lift/carry anywhere from 15 to over 60 lbs. Requires operating motor vehicles in the course of their duties.
- Adherence to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
- Satisfactory completion of a background investigation, as well as the ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- This position also requires some travel, including overnight travel for recruiting purposes.