The Food Service Shift Leader must be a mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in his/her faith. He/she must be fully in accord with Carolina Creek Christian Camps (CCCC) mission statement, and statement of beliefs; committed to living these out personally, and instilling them in the organization. He/she must be of strong moral character and integrity with a sincere belief and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
The Food Service Shift Leader will work with with the Food Services Team to help serve all guests and staff in making, cleaning and serving of meals. He/she will prepare, cook, serve and clean meals for staff and guests. He/she will be responsible to oversee meals in the preparation, serving, and cleaning of meals. He/she is responsible to model a genuine lifestyle of Christian discipleship in a manner consistent with CCCC’s mission, vision and values.
- Participate in regular corporate prayer, worship and Bible study.
- Able to answer questions about Christian doctrines and belief from their own personal experience
- Possess the ability to pray with staff members and guests.
- Oversee all aspects of running a meal in the kitchen from the food preparation, serving, and cleaning up from the meal
- Supervise staff in their kitchen, making sure everyone is using proper safety techniques in all aspects of the food handling process.
- Prepare and maintain salad bars, condiment bars and beverage stations.
- Prepare everything necessary for meals including the cooking, baking, and frying of all food.
- Prepare and serve specific meals to staff and guests that have special need diets.
- Lead a specific shift in the cleaning of cooking materials, plates and silverware
- Monitor inventory, and communicate to the food service lead when an order needs to be made
- Assist the Guest Service team in the cleaning of dining halls, common areas, and cabins.
- Attend all required staff meetings and events.
- Reports to Food Service Director
- Supervises 2-3 summer kitchen staff
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
- Food Manager Certification preferred
- 5-7 years of culinary experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a team player
- Must have an attention to detail
- Must possess excellent knife skills
- Must able to be teachable and ask questions where knowledge is lacking
- Must possess strong interpersonal relations skills
- Must possess emotional and spiritual maturity
- Must possess a developed sense of empathy
- Must be flexible with an ability to adjust and problem solve in challenging situations
- Able to engage in active listening
- A heart to serve wherever and whenever needed
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in hot and humid conditions up to 16 hours a day. Requires sitting, standing, squatting, stooping, twisting, and ability to lift/carry anywhere from 15 to over 60 lbs. Requires operating motor vehicles in the course of their duties.
- Adherence to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
- Satisfactory completion of background investigation, as well as ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.