The Director of Guest Services must be a mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in his/her faith. He/she must be fully in accord with Carolina Creek Christian Camps (CCCC) mission statement, and statement of beliefs; committed to living these out personally, and instilling them in the organization. He/she must be of strong moral character and integrity with a sincere belief and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
The Director of Guest Services will lead the Guest Service Team members to help all guests at Carolina Creek know and experience the love of Jesus Christ. He/she will oversee and support Food Service, Accommodations, Event Coordination and Hosting, Parking, Retail and work with peers to facilitate an optimal culture of hospitality for our guests. He/she is responsible to model a genuine lifestyle of Christian discipleship in a manner consistent with CCCC’s mission, vision and values.
- Provide spiritual leadership and discipleship for those who serve in the Guest Services arena, including employees, contractors and volunteers, as appropriate
- Cast vision for and ensure the advancement of the mission of Carolina Creek by creating a culture and SOPs that exemplify our Christian faith, values and objectives
- Oversee the Guest Service staff members responsible for hosting, retail, room set-up, cleaning, and food services.
- Participate on leadership team responsible for creating a healthy culture and synergizing the functions of different departments.
- Prepare and manage budgets for department expenditures. Work collaboratively to achieve corporate financial goals.
- Assist in the facilitation of Carolina Creek adventure/recreation, aquatics, and target sports in a safe manner for all guests.
- Supervise and support the Guest Service Team in the logistics of arrival and departure of guest groups.
- Supervise and support the Kitchen Staff in the planning, preparing, serving and cleaning of meals for all guest groups.
- Supervise and support the Guest Service team in the cleaning of dining halls, common areas, and cabins.
- Attend all required staff meetings and events.
- Assist in creating job descriptions and relevant departmental SOPs.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the broader camp programs of CCCC.
- Actively engage and help build the summer staff community through a godly attitude, words, and actions.
- Reports to Executive Director
- Supervises the Lead Hosts and Guest Service Team Members, including Full-time employees, part-time employees, volunteers, seasonal employees and outside contractors
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree strongly preferred.
- Ministerial credentials, training or experience strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years in Camping or Church Ministry experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to teach the Bible effectively, facilitate prayer with staff or guests, and provide reasonable counseling/coaching from a Biblical perspective
- Must possess emotional and spiritual maturity
- Must possess a developed sense of empathy
- Able to engage in active listening
- A heart to serve wherever and whenever needed
- Must able to be teachable and ask questions where knowledge is lacking
- Must be willing to learn how to facilitate all of Carolina Creek’s activities
- Must possess strong interpersonal relations skills
- Must be a team player, and willing to work in all types of weather
- Must be flexible with an ability to adjust and problem solve in challenging situations
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in hot and humid conditions up to 16 hours a day. Requires sitting, standing, squatting, stooping, twisting, and ability to lift/carry anywhere from 15 to over 60 lbs.
- Adherence to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
- Satisfactory completion of background investigation, as well as ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.