The Business & Accounting Director must be a mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in his/her faith. He/she must be fully in accord with Carolina Creek Christian Camps (CCCC) mission statement, and statement of beliefs; committed to living these out personally, and instilling them in the organization. He/she must be of strong moral character and integrity.
The Business & Accounting Director is responsible for managing the fiscal operations of Carolina Creek in conjunction with the Executive Director. He/she will be responsible for stewarding Carolina Creek’s assets and ensuring that all fiscal practices comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), as well as Evangelical Council for Accountability (ECFA) guidelines. He/she will prepare monthly and annual financial statements for the Board of Directors, auditors and others. He/she is responsible to model a genuine lifestyle of Christian discipleship, nurturing spiritual growth of staff in a manner consistent with CCCC’s mission, vision and values.
- Supervise and lead monthly accounting functions such as financial statements, bank reconciliations, cost allocation and asset management.
- Supervise and lead day to day cash management, credit cards, banking, and compliance with best practices for internal controls.
- Oversee payroll, compensation, and employee benefit management.
- Serve as primary point of contact for external auditors, and oversee compliance with Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability guidelines.
- Responsible for overseeing cash handling procedures including the creation and implementation of cash handling SOPs.
- Work with those responsible for retail operations to ensure responsible handling of transactions, cash and inventory management, as well as consulting regarding purchasing and pricing.
- Work with department heads in budget creation, and regularly meet with them to oversee budget management.
- Create reports for board meetings with the assistance of the Executive Director.
- Assist HR in researching health benefit options, facilitating employee participation in retirement and HSA benefits and any other needs as identified.
- Actively engage and help build the staff community through a godly attitude, words, and actions.
- Assist the Director of Operations as needed with tasks related to health and safety, legal risk, compliance, and any other needs as identified.
- Manage resources entrusted to him/her according to budget. Work collaboratively to achieve corporate financial goals.
- Attend all required staff meetings and events.
- Actively participate in, and contribute to, the broader camp programs of CCCC.
- Other duties as assigned that support the mission of CCCC. Generally being available to do whatever is needed with a joyful heart as unto the Lord.
- Reports to the Director of Operations.
- Oversee Accounting Specialist.
- Oversight of seasonal and/or part-time hourly staff as needed to help with cash management or other accounting tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field required.
- Graduate coursework in business management desirable.
- Must also have a current valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience in accounting required.
- Previous experience in non-profit accounting or administrative roles preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Must have strong math skills
- Must be confidential and discreet when dealing with sensitive information
- Must be proficient with the creation and management of spreadsheets
- Must be able to learn new software and comfortable moving data in and out of different software tools
- Must be willing to further knowledge and training in HR and accounting
- Must possess strong interpersonal relations skills
- Must possess emotional and spiritual maturity
- Must possess a developed sense of empathy
- Must be flexible with an ability to adjust and problem solve in challenging situations
- Able to engage in active listening
- A heart to serve wherever and whenever needed
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in hot and humid conditions. Requires sitting, standing, squatting, stooping, twisting, ability to lift/carry anywhere from 15 to over 60 lbs. Requires the ability to see and hear, use keyboards, hand-held devices, and the ability to speak and write English. Requires operating motor vehicles in the course of their duties.
- Adherence to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
- Satisfactory completion of background investigation, as well as ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Requires regular attendance at work at the camp office in Riverside, TX, though the opportunity to work remotely some days each week is negotiable.