The Accounting Manager must be a mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in his/her faith. He/she must be fully in accord with Carolina Creek Christian Camps (CCCC) mission statement, and statement of beliefs; committed to living these out personally, and instilling them in the organization. He/she must be of strong moral character and integrity.
The Accounting Manager, is responsible for leading the accounting functions of the Operations department of Carolina Creek Christian Camps. He/she is responsible to model a genuine lifestyle of Christian discipleship, nurturing spiritual growth of staff in a manner consistent with CCCC’s mission, vision and values.
- Lead the day-to-day tasks that may include data entry, credit card statement reconciliation/processing, accounts payable, and any other needs as identified.
- Responsible for cash handling procedures and money bags including the creation and implementation of cash handling SOPs.
- Work with department heads in budget creation, and regularly meet with them to oversee budget management.
- Assist the Executive Director in the creation of reports needed for board meetings.
- Serve as primary liaison to the outsource accounting firm that is responsible for monthly accounting functions such as financial statements, bank reconciliations, cost allocation and asset management .
- Serve as primary point of contact for external auditors, and oversee compliance with Evangelical Council for Evangelical Accountability membership.
- Work with HR to complete payroll which may include payroll exceptions, payroll deductions, and any other needs as identified.
- Assist HR in day-to-day tasks that may include maintaining employee files, completing paperwork, researching health benefit options, facilitating employee participation in retirement and HSA benefits and any other needs as identified.
- Actively engage and help build the staff community through a godly attitude, words, and actions.
- Assist the Director of Operations as needed with tasks related to health and safety, legal risk, compliance, and any other needs as identified.
- Manage resources entrusted to him/her according to budget. Work collaboratively to achieve corporate financial goals.
- Attend all required staff meetings and events.
- Actively participate in, and contribute to, the broader camp programs of CCCC.
- Other duties as assigned that support the mission of CCCC. Generally being available to do whatever is needed with a joyful heart as unto the Lord.
- Reports to the Director of Operations.
- Oversight of seasonal and/or part-time hourly staff as needed to help with cash management or other accounting tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field preferred; Accounting minor or Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must also have a current valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience in accounting preferred.
- Previous experience in regulatory compliance would be helpful.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must be confidential and discreet when dealing with sensitive information
- Must be proficient with the creation and management of spreadsheets
- Must be able to learn new softwares and comfortable moving data in and out of different software tools
- Must be willing to further knowledge and training in HR and accounting
- Must possess strong interpersonal relations skills
- Must possess emotional and spiritual maturity
- Must possess a developed sense of empathy
- Must be flexible with an ability to adjust and problem solve in challenging situations
- Able to engage in active listening
- A heart to serve wherever and whenever needed
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in hot and humid conditions. Requires sitting, standing, squatting, stooping, twisting, ability to lift/carry anywhere from 15 to over 60 lbs. Requires operating motor vehicles in the course of their duties.
- Adherence to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
- Satisfactory completion of background investigation, as well as ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.