The Internship Program at Carolina Creek Christian Camps is designed to walk with young adult participants as they grow and mature spiritually, professionally and in community with one another. Interns will have the opportunity to develop in, as well as receive training with regards to…
- Identity In Christ
- Spiritual Formation
- Communal Living
- Leadership (Biblical, Professional, and Social)
- Ministry Career Skills
This is not a GAP year program but is intended to provide work experience for post-graduates who desire to explore ministry careers related to Christian camping, hospitality, children’s or youth ministry, culinary fields, marketing or creative media ministries. Supervisors construct an individualized curriculum for each Participant that will help them accomplish their own professional goals.
The Intern Program Participant at Carolina Creek Christian Camps (CCCC) must be a follower of Jesus Christ, still maturing and looking to grow in developing his/her faith. He/she must be fully in accord with CCCC’s mission statement, statement of beliefs, and community guidelines. He/she must be committed to be an active member of the intern community, participating in all assignments directed by the Intern Director.
All Participants are required to commit to the entire twelve-month program. Summer assignments will be determined in collaboration with each Intern as their professional skills and objectives are discovered throughout the year.
Expectations for particular departmental assignments are listed in the job description for each.
Participants in the Intern Program serve on our ministry team, as needed, whenever guests are present. This includes most, but not all weekends throughout the year, as well as some midweek groups. Direct ministry assignments will vary depending upon the giftings and abilities of each individual, but all participants should expect to be deployed as needed to accomplish our mission.
- Facilitate Carolina Creek adventure/recreation, aquatics, and target sports in a safe manner for all guests.
- Lead a small group of campers in Bible Studies, activities, and other program elements for midweek and weekend programs.
- Assist the Kitchen Staff in the serving and cleaning of meals for all guest groups.
- Assist the Guest Services team in the cleaning of dining halls, common areas, and cabins.
- Assist the Grounds Team in beautifying and maintaining our grounds.
- Participate in meetings and complete assignments received by Intern Director.